https://usbig.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/university-of-toronto.jpeg 413 550 Michael Howard https://usbig.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/USBIG-logo-1a.png Michael Howard2012-03-02 06:04:432018-12-11 23:17:1511th Annual Congress, May 3–5, 2012
11th Annual Congress, May 3–5, 2012
11th North American Basic Income Guarantee Congress
Toronto, May 3-5, 2012
Held at the University of Toronto, the conference included more than 60 presentations.
Featured speakers included:
- Richard Wilkinson, co-author of The Spirit Level: Why More Equal Societies Almost Always Do Better;
- Charles Karelis, author of The Persistence of Poverty: Why the Economics of the Well-Off Can’t Help the Poor;
- Erik Olin Wright, author of American Society: How it Actually Works;
- Armine Yalnizyan, of the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives;
- John Rook, of the National Council of Welfare (Canada);
- Evelyn Forget, of the University of Manitoba;
- Trish Hennessey, of the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives; and
- Dan Meades, of Vibrant Communities Calgary.